November 1, 2010











She's 10...

On November 1st 2000 I gave birth to our sweet Mattee Lynn. She has grown up so fast. I would say out of all my girls Mattee is the most independent child. She is very intelligent, smart, tough, hard headed, sweet, loving 10 year old I know. She loves school and friends. She has friends calling her all the time. She loves to try new things and loves to be challenged. For her birthday she wanted Harry Potter Lego's. She started on them and would not ask for any help. She has the directions on her lap putting each piece together (300 pieces). She wants to do it on her own. She is like this in a lot of ways. Her independence has matured her and has broadened her way of thinking. She is a very bright and loving young girl. She loves to cuddle, laugh, draw, paint her nails, ride her scooter, help cook, read, make others happy and most of all loves being a big sister. Avree and Hadlee will go to her bedroom door and knock wanting her to come hold or play with them. Mattee has just the right touch to put our little angels to sleep. She collects erasers (just as I did when I was little) and has close to 100 of them. She loves to start new collections. She has collected anything from bracelets, erasers, pet shop, lip gloss down to rubber bands. She reminds me so much of myself when I was growing up. She has her mind set and when it doesn't go the way she wants she will argue or change things so that it does. I can see her being a powerful women as she gets older and starts working and raising a family of her own. I love our Mattee mavis with all my heart and we are so truly blessed to have her in our lives. She is truly a blessing! I love you baby girl.

3 comments:

Kristi Veale said...

Happy Birthday Mat! I thought it was so cute that Deja called her before school to wish her a Happy Birthday....I didn't know if they would remember or not.

Bonnie and Jim said...

Happy Birthday Mattee!! What a beautiful girl you are. Hope you enjoyed your day. We love you and hope to see you soon.

Jessika and Josh said...

Happy Birthday Mattee! I hope it was a great day!! :)