December 5, 2008

Blessing of Giving...



Today I experienced the most humble morning. The girls school have donation boxes at their schools for families in need. This morning Mattee came and asked if she could donate $10.00 to the school donation box. I mentioned to her that it would have to be next week when I could get to the bank (I am a debit card girl). Her response was I don't want to use your money I want to use my money that I have been saving up from the tooth fairy. I mentioned to her that $11.00 was a lot of money. Her amazing response to me was "mom but this is to help a family in need" and before I knew it Mattee and Kelsee each got a sandwich bag and pored all of their dollars and loose change in to it. The joy on their face knowing that they were helping another family or child will be with my heart and mind forever.What a humbling experience we shared. I wrapped my arms around them and cried telling them that their money would bless a families life in need and how proud I was of them. Explaining to them that I had the best children in the world. They have taught and reminded me the love and the spirit of giving. What two wonderful, beautiful daughters I have been blessed with. I know their Oma', Heavenly Father and our Savior are smiling upon them from ear to ear with pride and joy as I am. I love you my three little angels! What a blessing and wonderful example they are for Jamie, I and those around them. I thank the Lord everyday for such a beautiful blessing of three healthy angel daughters in our lives.

2 comments:

Kristi Veale said...

That was very nice of them to do. It's nice when kids want to save and do something good for others that might have gone without. Very touching! Thanks for sharing!

Jana said...

Those are one of those moments when you say YES! thanks for sharing I love those stories, you are sweethearts Mattee and Kelsee.